Wisdom tooth removal in Iran: Purpose, procedure, aftercare, potential complications and cost
Four permanent adult teeth are placed at the rear of your mouth, on top and bottom, known collectively as the wisdom teeth.
Having an impacted wisdom tooth means that the tooth will most likely need to be removed if it is causing you any discomfort, infection, or other dental issues. A dentist or oral surgeon can perform the procedure of wisdom tooth removal in Iran.
Some dentists and oral surgeons advise wisdom tooth removal in Iran to avoid future issues even if impacted teeth aren't creating problems now.
What is the purpose of wisdom tooth removal in Iran?
For one of the following reasons, most people have wisdom tooth removal in Iran:
- They are impacted. Wisdom teeth may not develop naturally due to their location in the back of the mouth. Your jawbone or gums can become infected if they become trapped there.
- They approach from the incorrect angle. So, as a result your other teeth may be impacted.
- You don't have the necessary room in your mouth for an extra set of teeth.
- You've got cavities or gum disease, and you don't even know it. You may not be able to brush or floss around your wisdom teeth.
Before the procedure
The oral surgeon or the dentist will meet with you to go over the procedure. Don't forget to do the following things at this appointment:
- Discuss your health issues.
- Create a comprehensive list of all the medications you regularly take.
- Ask any questions that you have concerning the procedure.
- Ensure that you're crystal clear on what kind of anesthetic you'll be receiving. Depending on what you prefer, you can choose to be completely asleep or completely numb throughout the operation.
- Plan for time off from work or school so that you can recover at home following your surgery. Set up child care, pet care, or a ride back home if necessary.
During the Procedure
Your procedure should last no more than 45 minutes.
You'll be given one of the following anesthetics throughout the procedure:
A local anesthetic, such as novocaine, lidocaine, or mepivacaine, will be administered to numb your mouth before the procedure. Nitrous oxide can also be used to help you relax and fall asleep during surgery. After a short while, you should feel more awake and aware.
IV sedation: The doctor will administer anesthetics to numb your mouth and sedatives to make you sleepy. In fact, you may doze off throughout the entire procedure.
Drugs will be injected into the veins or inhaled through a mask. For the duration of the procedure, you'll be unconscious, and it's possible that you won't awaken for another hour or two.
For wisdom tooth removal in Iran, you are free to choose any anesthetic that you want.
Your dentist may require cutting into your gums or bone to remove the teeth. The wounds will be stitched up for speedy recovery if this is the situation. After a few days, these stitches normally heal on their own. They may put gauze pads in your mouth to absorb some blood.
After the procedure
Everyone's reaction to anesthesia is unique. You may be able to drive home by yourself to begin your healing if you got a local anesthetic and are awake. You may be able to go back to work or do other regular activities soon. You may need someone to drive you home if you have had general anesthesia or are still sleepy.
In most cases, post-operative pain is minimal or nonexistent. For the next three or four days, you'll likely have some discomfort and swelling. It may take two, three, or even four weeks for your mouth to fully recover.
To speed up your healing, pay attention to what your doctor says. Consider these essential points throughout the first three days following surgery:
Things you need to do:
- After wisdom tooth removal in Iran, put an ice pack on your face to reduce swelling or alter your skin color.
- If you have a jaw pain, use moist heat.
- Gently open and close your mouth to strengthen your jaw.
- Eat soft foods like pasta, rice, or soups
- Consume plenty of water.
- On the second day, begin brushing your teeth. Avoid touching any blood clots when you brush.
- Take the painkillers or anti-inflammatories that your doctor has prescribed.
- Get in touch with the dentist if you have a fever or discomfort, or swelling that does not go away.
Things that you don't have to do:
- Don't use a straw for drinking.
- Rinse your mouth gently and avoid using too much pressure when doing so. Your doctor may recommend rinsing with salt water.
- Do not ingest things that may cause your wounds to become infected, such as crunchy or sticky ones.
- Avoid smoking at all costs. Smoking slows the healing process.
Controlling early days pain
Using ice and taking painkillers are two of the most common methods for relieving pain and swelling. Schedule an appointment with your surgeon or dentist to find out how frequently you should apply an ice pack to your face. Avoid getting ice burned by not putting it on your face directly. The doctors will also recommend a prescription or over-the-counter drugs.
During your recovery, you may be prescribed antibiotics. A prescribed course of antibiotics will be given to you to prevent further infection.
The wisdom tooth removal can lead to complications, such as:
- If a blood clot from the extraction site becomes dislodged and exposes the bone and nerves underneath, it can cause a painful condition known as a dry socket.
- Sinuses problems
- Irritated nerves
Cost of Wisdom Tooth Removal in Iran
Tooth extraction in Iran is much lower than many other countries. Wisdom teeth extraction in Iran typically costs between $100-200.
- A huge number of dental clinics are available in Iran. CarefulTrip works with the best dental clinic in Iran.
- Dental surgeries are among the most requested services in Iran.
- It's cost-effective because Iran's currency is currently very low
Even though Iran has world-renowned dentists and oral surgeons, state-of-the-art equipment, and state-of-the-art facilities, wisdom tooth removal in Iran is still quite affordable because of the aforementioned factors. Just get in touch with our consultants to get all the information you need.