IVF Treatment in Iran (In Vitro Fertilization)
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) is a laboratory technique that fertilizes an egg with a sperm outside the uterus. There are 4 types of IVF for whom the success rate differs. Many infertile couples wonder how IVF works. Its course may seem complicated, but the fertility centers have multidisciplinary teams to guide future parents step by step, during the course of IVF. Some fertility centers in Iran even have a coordinator (nurse or midwife) to support couples in their administrative procedures and on the circuit to follow, specific to each structure.
What IS IVF Treatment Exactly?
During an in vitro fertilization, sperm and an egg combine to form a fertilized egg. A doctor will place only a few egg cells in the uterus after several cell division processes. In order to maintain natural embryonic development, they place an eight-cell embryo in the uterus on day fifth. After ovulation induction, women are given a specific amount of ovum, which is then developed in the lab. As soon as ova mature, sperm will fertilize them. When eggs have been analyzed for quality, the procedure involves placing at least one embryo inside the mother.
You might be new to IVF treatment and its benefits at all. You should know that many people need to do In Vitro Fertilization due to different reasons. It is all followed by your doctor's prescription, and you can’t decide on doing it by self-diagnosis. Here you can see a list of those who need this treatment:
- Women with blocked fallopian tubes or women who suffer from pelvic organs adhesion or fallopian tubes adhesion or injuries
- Women and men with genetic disorders
- Women experiencing an ovulation disorder
- Women with premature ovarian failure
- People with low sperm count or low motility of sperm
- Cases with Unexplained infertility
Both doctors and patients need to take into consideration many considerations when undergoing IVF treatment. Thanks to our medical services in Iran, the process of IVF treatment can be easily completed. Providing you with convenient postoperative care, Carefutrip brings you the best treatments and nursing services. You can consult highly qualified doctors in Carefultrip for all the information you need.
- When the mother’s period is on her second or third day, she requires sonography to test her ovary and uterus.
- The specialist then prescribes medicine following sonography. It is all related to the stimulation of ovulation.
- Five to six sessions of sonography are required while using the medicine to examine ova reactions.
- The patient will receive an injection of HCG when their follicles have grown to a sufficient size for the collection of egg cells.
- Laboratory fertilization takes place 36 hours after the HCG injection on the father. The sperm sample will be collected then.
The IVF treatment process takes four to six weeks to be done. This could be different based on your conditions and the type of IVF you are having. There are five stages for the patient in this method of infertility treatment:
- Prescription of ovulation induction medication is given in the first step. Ideally, this medication should be taken 8 to 14 days before the patient’s period begins. After a doctor has approved the inducing medication, he may proceed to the second stage.
- In this procedure, a needle is inserted into the vagina to suction the eggs from follicles. This stage does not require general anesthesia. The operation is only performed under local anesthesia and numbness. This stage involves the extraction of 8-15 eggs. To perform the second stage successfully, the patient should fast.
- Fertilization begins with the sampling of a man’s sperm.
- Combining the sperm of the man and the woman's ovum is the main step for this stage. As part of the fertilization process, they are placed in a dish. Medical specialists and doctors directly supervise the production of these eggs. In case fertilization and division are successful, the fertilized egg is referred to as an embryo.
- Following the retrieval of the fertilized egg cells, the embryo is transferred into the uterus after 3 to 5 days; this is the major part of stage five and the last step of this method. This is a non-anesthesia procedure in which the embryo is placed into the womb of the woman. Pain is usually not experienced during this method, and the patient can leave after an hour or two.
General anesthesia is not needed for this procedure. In this procedure, only local anesthesia and numbness are applied. This method can be used by patients without any problems if they suffer from an anesthesia problem.
10 to 12 days following the embryo transfer, a hormonal blood test will be performed on the patient to measure BHCG levels. The rise of this hormone first identifies pregnancy.
1 to 2 hours following embryo transfer surgery, the patient may be released from the hospital and can resume normal daily activities. The following three to four days should be free of heavy activity.
- Abdomen pain
- Weakness and dizziness
What is the success rate of IVF in Iran?
IVF in Iran offers higher pregnancy rates than other treatments. On average, there is over 65% success rate for this method which is the highest rate globally. The success of the IVF treatment, like any other medical procedure, depends on several factors: the specific method of IVF used, number of cycles, age, causes of infertility, and medical history.
The complete cycle of In Vitro Fertilization lasts approximately three to four weeks depending on the phases required.
There are 4 types of IVF: IVF with your eggs and your partner's sperm, IVF with your eggs and donor sperm, IVF with donor eggs and your partner's sperm, and IVF with eggs from a donor and sperm from a donor.
The rates in women under 35 after three cycles are as follows:
- IVF with your eggs and your partner's sperm: up to 64%
- IVF with your eggs and donor sperm: up to 64%
- IVF with donor eggs and partner's sperm: up to 93%
- IVF with donor eggs and donor sperm: up to 93%
Are there any conditions required for the treatment?
Normally IVF is recommended for couples who have a problem with having a child. Then, depending on other factors, the fertility center and the medical team designated for your need to know which method works best for you such as the ICSI method. Therefore, they will establish your diagnosis; a process that will take 2 to 3 hours.
In Vitro Fertilization with Intracytoplasmic Microinjection (ICSI)
In Vitro Fertilization with Intracytoplasmic Microinjection is when an egg is inseminated through the microinjection of a single sperm. Therefore, it only takes one sperm per egg.
The success rate of this method is relatively high, about 50 to 80%.
Carefultrip and Health tourism in Iran
Our administrative team at Carefultrip makes sure that each family could benefit from a caring medical team who assures them along this process. Health tourism in Iran is at its peak due to the advancement of medical centers and equipment.
Mom.ir center as an example is a fertility center based in Tehran, which has been designed and built inspired by the Colorado fertility clinic (CCRM), with a 65% success rate.
🕘 19 Days
🕘 19 Days
🕘 19 Days
🕘 19 Days
🕘 19 Day
🕘 19 Days
🕘 19 Days
🕘 19 Days
🕘 19 Days