In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) is a laboratory technique that fertilizes an egg with a sperm outside the uterus. While a lot of us don’t know, Infertility has impacted almost 30% of the total couples around the world and the number is increasing every day after a day. This more or less confirms the fact that IVF is the best possible solution for combating the Infertility issues around people. Sometimes these issues are solvable by medicines, but in most cases, people need surgical treatments. Any kind of surgical treatment chosen for curing infertility issues works under the name of IVF. There are 4 types of IVF treatment in general. Sometimes women face infertility problems and need treatment. One of the most wanted women’s IVF treatments is egg donation. Egg Donation is currently a great solution for many women having difficulty getting pregnant. Generally, when a woman can no longer have a baby with her own oocytes (immature eggs), she would have the egg donation alternative. Egg donation is basically another woman’s oocytes; this woman is called a donor. After gaining the donated oocytes, they are fertilized with the sperm of the spouse or a sperm donor and the embryos thus are formed. The embryos will be transferred to the uterus afterward.
Sometimes issues are from men. Sperms are too weak or completely unable to fertilize. In these cases, men have the sperm donation option. Sperm donation is the act of getting a healthy and young sperm from another male donor and injecting it into the egg. Sperm donation is a medical program that works based on men’s infertility issues. In this medical program, every man who has no sperm in his semen and the sperm cannot be obtained surgically, will choose to use the sperms of an anonymous donor. The healthiest sperms of the donor will be reaped and injected into the egg of the receptor. After that, the resulted embryo will be implanted into the woman’s uterus. These processes are very exact and must be done very carefully in a very medical-equipped hospital.
Other issues occur when the man and woman have infertility issues at the same time. In these situations, the couple has the offer of embryo donation. Embryo donation is the kind of donation in which sperm and egg will be donated by another male and female donor and get fertilized and the resulted embryo will be transferred into the woman’s uterus.
But sometimes no problem comes except the uterus’s disability. In some cases, the uterus is unable to carry the embryo during the pregnancy. That’s the right time for the couple to look for a surrogate mother for surrogacy. The surrogacy technique consists of a woman voluntarily helping future parents to have their child or children by carrying out the pregnancy via IVF. Thus, the pregnant woman never uses her own eggs. This will be an easy and safe method for the people who want to get pregnant but have no proper situation for carrying the baby.
All 4 types of infertility treatments in Iran are very successful. There are several countries that are major centers for infertility treatment. One of them is Iran. IVF in Iran is one of the most popular medical treatments. There are a lot of infertile patients around the world who travel to Iran to have IVF treatment. Any kind of infertility treatment may work for a specific group of infertile people. Visiting an experienced doctor will help to find out the type of infertility issue and follow the certain treatment.
IVF in Iran
Contrary to popular belief, Iran has become one of the most advanced countries in the world in the field of medicine due to the presence of highly experienced doctors and highly equipped facilities and clinics. There are also several major centers particularly established for IVF in Iran. In addition to IVF in Iran, in very equipped laboratories oocytes also will be preserved, fertility preservation will be achieved, and uterine fibroids and endometriosis will be treated. Thus, oocytes can be frozen to create an appropriate number of embryos. There are fully experienced medical teams that continuously evaluate the latest evidence of infertility treatments to minimize unnecessary testing and delays. Based on records, IVF in Iran have the second-best success rate all over the world.
Plus, IVF in Iran will be done with the latest and most advanced equipment in very equipped clinics. The most expert surgeons with fully experienced teams bring Iran among the most successful countries in IVF. Sometimes people with infertility issues are concerned about the health of their IVF resulted baby. Preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) and preimplantation genetic screening (PGS) are the two technologies that operate to choose the best and the healthiest embryo to implant into the uterus. They are also used to determine the gender of the embryo and this will be good news for the parents to know their baby’s gender. IVF in Iran contains many main services and side services which make Iran the best option to choose as a destination for having IVF.
Who Needs IVF?
You might be new to IVF treatment and its benefits. You should know that many people need to do In Vitro Fertilization due to different reasons. It's all followed by your doctor's prescription, and you can’t decide on doing it by self-diagnosis even if you have IVF in Iran. Here you can see a list of those who need IVF treatment:
- Women with blocked fallopian tubes or women who suffer from pelvic organs adhesion or fallopian tubes adhesion or injuries
- Women and men with genetic disorders
- Women experiencing an ovulation disorder
- Women with premature ovarian failure
- People with low sperm count or low motility of sperm
- Cases with Unexplained infertility
What are the benefits of having IVF Treatment in Iran?
In contrast to Iran's second-highest success rate for infertility treatment, IVF in Iran is significantly more economical and cheaper than in other countries due to the excessive value of the Iranian currency compared to the dollar. It can be said that Iran is the cheapest and at the same time the best option for infertile patients to treat their infertility issues. Plus, there are a lot of health tourism agencies established in various cities in Iran to make patients’ journeys very fun and joyful. Very unique general services will be provided by most of these agencies such as Visa, airport pickup, sim card, domestic transportation, free accommodation for 3 days, doctor visit, free medicine, and translator. One of the most important reasons that patients around the world come to Iran is the fully expert surgeons with the best equipment at the advanced clinics of IVF in Iran. According to the statistics, after the U.S, Iran is the second country in successful IVF treatment around the world with a success rate of 63%.
There are also several clinics dedicated to IVF in Iran under the name of one-stop infertility centers. It means you don’t need to visit any other clinics. A before/while/after treatment program with a follow-up plan will be given to infertile patients for their convenience in these centers.
How much does IVF cost in Iran?
IVF treatment has no average price in general. Depending on the country, clinic, surgeon, and some other features, the price is very variable. In some countries like the U.S, the price will be up to 30,000$, and the lowest price in the cheapest countries is around 5,000$. Although Iran is one of the most successful countries in IVF treatment, due to the less value of Iran’s currency compared to the dollar, IVF in Iran, is cheaper than in the cheapest country. But sometimes, some clinics make propaganda against the regular costs of IVF and break the prices. So remember, Every unreasonable cheapness especially in this kind of matter will be suspicious.
There are a few steps patients should follow before having IVF treatment such as:
- When the mother’s period is on her second or third day, she requires sonography to test her ovary and uterus.
- The specialist then prescribes medicine following sonography. It's all related to the stimulation of ovulation.
- Five to six sessions of sonography are required while using the medicine to examine ova reactions.
- The patient will receive an injection of HCG when their follicles have grown to a sufficient size for the collection of egg cells.
- Laboratory fertilization takes place 36 hours after the HCG injection on the father. The sperm sample will be collected then.
IVF treatment process takes four to six weeks to be done. This could be different based on your conditions and the type of IVF you are having. There are five stages for the patient in this method of infertility treatment:
- Prescription of ovulation induction medication is given in the first step. Ideally, this medication should be taken 8 to 14 days before the patient’s period begins. After a doctor has approved the inducing medication, he may proceed to the second stage.
- In this procedure, a needle is inserted into the vagina to suction the eggs from follicles. This stage does not require general anesthesia. This operation is only performed under local anesthesia and numbness. This stage involves the extraction of 8-15 eggs. To perform the second stage successfully, the patient should fast.
- Fertilization begins with a sampling of a man’s sperm.
- Combining the man's sperm and the woman's egg is the main step in this stage. As part of the fertilization process, they are placed in a dish. Medical specialists and doctors directly supervise the production of these eggs. In case fertilization and division are successful, the fertilized egg is referred to as an embryo.
- Following the retrieval of the fertilized egg cells, the embryo is transferred into the uterus after 3 to 5 days; this is the major part of stage five and the last step of this method. This is a non-anesthesia procedure in which the embryo is placed into a woman's womb. Pain is usually not experienced during this method, and the patient can leave after an hour or two.
Is Anesthesia Required?
General anesthesia is not needed for this procedure. In this procedure, only local anesthesia and numbness are applied. This method can be used by patients without any problems if they suffer from an anesthesia problem.
10 to 12 days following the embryo transfer, a hormonal blood test will be performed on the patient to measure BHCG levels. The rise of this hormone first identifies pregnancy.
1 to 2 hours following embryo transfer surgery, the patient may be released from the hospital and can resume normal daily activities. The following three to four days should be free of heavy activity.
- Abdomen pain
- Weakness and dizziness
What is the IVF success rate in Iran?
IVF in Iran offers higher pregnancy rates than other treatments. On average, there is over a 65% success rate for this method which is the highest rate globally. IVF success, like any other medical procedure, depends on several factors: the specific method of IVF used, number of cycles, age, causes of infertility, and medical history.
The complete cycle of In Vitro Fertilization lasts approximately three to four weeks depending on the phases required.
There are 4 types of IVF: IVF with your eggs and your partner's sperm, IVF with your eggs and donor sperm, IVF with donor eggs and your partner's sperm, and IVF with eggs from a donor and sperm from a donor.
The rates in women under 35 after three cycles are as follows:
- IVF with your eggs and your partner's sperm: up to 64%
- IVF with your eggs and donor sperm: up to 64%
- IVF with donor eggs and partner's sperm: up to 93%
- IVF with donor eggs and donor sperm: up to 93%
Are there any conditions required for this treatment?
Normally IVF is recommended for couples who have problems with having a child. Then, depending on other issues, the fertility center and the medical team designated for patients need to know which method works best for them such as the ICSI method. Therefore, the diagnosis will be done; a process that will take 2 to 3 hours.
What are the Risks and Side Effects of IVF?
Being time-consuming and expensive as well as having uncertain treatment outcomes, IVF can be a stressful treatment process for infertile couples. Besides, in some cases, we can see complications that come from ovarian stimulation drugs as well as egg retrieval or embryo transfer processes. It is recommended that you see your doctor if you notice any abnormal symptoms during IVF.
Although most of the potential complications and risks related to the IVF process rarely occur, you must be aware of some probable dangers in this regard. Some of these dangers include:
- Fetal weight loss and occurring preterm birth due to the possibility of multiple pregnancies because of the placement of multiple sperms in the uterus;
- Pregnancy loss or abortion;
- An ectopic pregnancy occurs in 2 to 5% of IVF cases and leads to the impossibility of continuing the pregnancy;
- Occurrence of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome which leads to high accumulation of fluid in the chest and abdomen after swelling of the ovaries due to injection of human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG);
- Infection, bleeding, and in rare cases damage to the bladder or intestines;
- The possibility of nausea and vomiting;
- Flatulence and severe stomach pain;
- Significant weight gain in 3 to 5 days;
- Damage to internal organs and blood vessels because of using a needle to collect eggs;
- Occurrence of stress.
It should be noted that although some researchers believe that using the IVF method causes problems such as birth defects as well as ovarian cancer, no credible research has confirmed such hypotheses.
What are the disadvantages of IVF?
One of the great facts that distinguish the IVF pregnancy is choosing the best quality egg or sperm and the patients may have the best quality embryo at the end, which they’re not going to experience in a natural pregnancy. But sometimes the patient faces some disadvantages such as:
- IVF is an invasive and expensive treatment;
- In every IVF cycle, about two and three embryos are transferred to the uterus at a time which increases the risk of multiple pregnancies;
- As same as other methods of assisted reproduction, there is a possibility of Ectopic Pregnancy in the IVF method;
- In some cases, fertility drugs can cause the ovaries to become overstimulated which leads them to swollen and become painful;
- Bleeding and infection are as likely to occur in the IVF method as in other invasive procedures.
CarefulTrip; The best health tourism company in Iran
Careful Trip, an Iran-based health tourism agency is in association with the largest multi-super specialty MOM Infertility Center, an extensive super specialty clinic that included several subspecialty clinics with the fully experienced surgeons and the most updated equipment. Careful Trip is doing its best to provide every service the patients may need to have a joyful journey in Iran along with their medical treatment.