Diabetic Retinopathy Treatment
For people around the world, diabetes is one of the most dangerous and annoying diseases that could cause death slowly. Diabetes is one of those diseases that will be led to other annoying diseases. One of them is diabetic retinopathy. Diabetic retinopathy is an eye disease that causes changes in the blood vessels in a part of your eye called the retina. It's the lining behind your eye that turns light into images. Blood vessels can swell, leak fluid, or bleed, often leading to vision changes or blindness. It usually affects both eyes. When diabetic retinopathy is left untreated, it can scar and damage your retina and ends in blindness. Diabetic retinopathy is the most common cause of vision loss in people with diabetes. It is the leading cause of blindness for all adults in the world.
There are three main types of diabetic retinopathy:
- No proliferative retinopathy is an early form of the disease in which retinal blood vessels leak fluid or bleed.
- Macular edema is swelling of the macula caused by fluid leakage from the retina's blood vessels. Can damage central vision.
- Proliferative retinopathy is an advanced form of the disease and occurs when blood vessels in the retina disappear and are replaced by new, fragile vessels that bleed easily and can lead to sudden vision loss.
Diabetic retinopathy treatment in Iran is being provided very precisely and successfully for its patients as far as every year, there are a lot of eye problem patients that visit Iran for treatment. Apart from the lowest costs, the best and fully trained surgeons, and the best equipment, the success rate of this treatment has become a reason that Iran becomes one of the major countries in the medical treatment industry. Among this majority, health tourism agencies have particular roles to play. One of these agencies is CarefulTrip. CarefulTrip is an Iran-based health tourism agency that works with the best hospital, clinics, and treatment centers in the area to provide the most comprehensive medical and cosmetic treatments for patients around the world. in the following, you will completely find out everything about diabetic retinopathy in Iran, how it works, and the key role of CarefulTrip agency for patients who are looking for an A-Z treatment plan in one step.
Diabetic Retinopathy in Iran
Generally, eye treatment in Iran due to its very high quality and success rate, in return for very low costs and prices, is very popular among people all over the world. Diabetic retinopathy is one of those treatments we are mentioning. Diabetic retinopathy in Iran every year receives a lot of patients to get treatment.
Scientists from all over the world are still exploring how diabetes causes many issues and diseases in the human body. We know that in proportion, reducing sugar may cause reduce the risk of these problems. One of these problems occurs inside the eyes. There is an important part of the eye that is responsible for vision called the retina. Diabetes affects that important structure of the eye.
When we see changes in the retina caused by diabetes, it is called diabetic retinopathy. The eye vessels become less and less effective in delivering nutrients when too much high blood sugar becomes ordinary after years. The vessel walls become weak and weak, and may even break. Very small blood spots appear on the surface of the retina and easily can be observed during a dilated eye exam. The number and the placement of these blood spots are depending on the grade and the degree of retinopathy and assess the risk of vision loss.
Diabetic Retinopathy Causes
As we have already mentioned, diabetic retinopathy is an eye disease that causes changes in the blood vessels in a part of your eye called the retina. If blood glucose or the same blood sugar levels are too high for a long time, it blocks the tiny blood vessels that protect your retina and keep it healthy. Your eye tries to grow new blood vessels, but they don't grow well or they won’t be even created. Blood vessels begin to get weak. They can leak blood and fluid into your retina. This can cause another condition called macular edema. It can blur your vision.
Of course, there will be nothing to worry about. If you start your treatment journey with CarefulTrip agency, your treatment will be started right away as well and you will get your health completely back in return for a very low price. So, for those who are experiencing this disease, diabetic retinopathy in Iran is very common due to its very low prices in return for the best quality.
Diabetic Retinopathy Symptoms
You may not experience the symptoms of diabetic retinopathy until it gets dangerous and starts damaging your eye’s health. But generally, the symptoms you may experience are:
- Losing central sight, especially while you are reading or driving
- Vision gets blurry
- Microscopic spots in your sight
- Bleeding spots in your eyes
With the knowledge of having diabetes, if you were experiencing any kind of annoying eyesight issue, you have to assume it’s serious and visit an eye specialist. Sometimes you face a temporary issue under the influence of eating or experiencing something. Sometimes you may face eye problems for a period of time. And sometimes your eye issue becomes permanent. In every particular situation, you have to choose a proper reaction. Much more an eye issue got permanent, the much more serious it will be.
Our consultants in CarefulTrip, all are set to help you with a free consultation and pave your way to start your journey and get your health completely back.
Diabetic Retinopathy Risks
Basically, when you have diabetes, you are potentially ready to get diabetic retinopathy. The more your diabetes form gets serious, the closer you are to expose to diabetic retinopathy. Now assume adding blood sugar, smoking, pregnancy, high blood pressure, or being an alcoholic. Think about what will happen. this will damage very irrecoverably.
For getting treatment and having your health back, you must realize that the more you ignore symptoms, the less chance of a successful treatment you will get.
How does Diabetic Retinopathy Treatment work?
In the diabetic retinopathy treatment process, the specialist who is visiting you will diagnose you by doing some tests along with a full health background history and eye exam to find if you are a diabetic retinopathy case or not. These tests include:
- The standard eye chart test measures central vision ability at various distances and is called the visual acuity test.
- A standard test that measures the pressure (intraocular pressure, or IOP) inside the eye and is called tonometry.
- An exam in which the pupil of your eye is opened with eye drops for a close-up view of the lens and retina is called Pupil dilation.
- An examination in which the doctor looks at the retina using a special magnifying glass is called ophthalmoscopy.
- A test in which an organic dye is injected into the bloodstream to show the blood vessels in the eye. This happens while pictures are taken with a special camera and show the doctor if blood vessels are leaking or no longer supplying areas of the retina and are called fluorescein angiography.
- An experiment in which light waves are used to produce accurate images of the retina is called optical coherence tomography.
After diagnosing by the specialist in a preferred way, the treatment will get started. Depending on symptoms, age, and general condition, the treatment will be chosen for the patient. Even with advanced retinopathy, patients have a high chance of being cured if the retina was not become seriously injured.
Laser surgery, vitrectomy, and injections are the most common treatments that will be selected by the specialists. Sometimes these offered treatments will be combined for patients. In the following, you will find out more details about these ways of treatment.
Is There a Possible way of prevention?
Even with being a challenge to prevent diabetic retinopathy, there are actions and pre-actions patients can take to reduce the risks of its development.
- As the first step, visit an eye specialist every year to be examined for diabetic retinopathy.
- If you pass some tests for diabetic retinopathy, you will even find out if you’re controlling your diabetes well.
- For women who are involved with diabetes, an eye exam must be done before pregnancy or in the first 3 months. This eye exam should keep happening every 3 months even until 1 year after birth.
- Take your medications just like the way you have been advised by your specialist.
- Also, use your insulin as you have been prescribed.
- Follow a healthy diet to stabilize and even reduce your blood sugar level.
- Exercise to lower the blood sugar level and help the body to use that blood sugar.
Daily testing of blood sugar levels may help you control it well. So, one of the most important things you should learn is that if you monitor your disease regularly, you may normalize your blood sugar, keep your eyes healthy, and live a normal life more than before. The good news is you have CarefulTrip with yourself to plan your treatment journey for you exclusively. CarefulTrip, an Iran-based health tourism agency, working with the best eye treatment centers, clinics, and hospitals in Iran is ready to provide the most comprehensive treatments in the field of eye care. For patients’ convenience, CarefulTrip also provides special services along with treatments.
Diabetic Retinopathy in Iran with CarefulTrip
Every treatment related to the body needs special attention. This attention might be for functional improvement, prevention, or treatment.
For functional improvement, you may not have any kind of disease, but you go to the gym for functional improvement and even to have a good and on-shape body.
Sometimes you take a vaccine to prevent from getting a disease or diseases. And sometimes you see symptoms on or in a part of your body. In these cases, you visit a specialist and search for the cure. We would like to let you know that CarefulTrip agency provides all these health plans under the name attention plan to patients from all over the world. every year, there are a lot of coming tourists to Iran for treatments. The lowest costs and highest quality are some of the most important reasons why we recommend CarefulTrip to you.