Abdominoplasty sometimes referred to as a “tummy tuck,” is a treatment used to rejuvenate the abdominal region by removing extra skin and fat. A stomach tuck is popular with patients who have lost a lot of weight or have extra skin after giving birth since it can improve the abdomen’s look and strengthen weak muscles. Before we go any further, it’s worth noting that a tummy tuck in Iran is very common because of our progress in the field of medicine, and thanks to our experienced surgeons at CarefulTrip, many people from inside and outside of the country have had a tummy tuck in Iran.
Despite this surgery is so popular, many people frequently have no idea what to expect from their recuperation. Many patients find that having a tummy tuck is simpler if they are aware of the healing time and process. If you’re thinking about getting a tummy tuck, it’s crucial to understand the healing process because it can be lengthy and needs care and attention. So, if you’re interested in learning how to properly recuperate from a tummy tuck treatment, the following information is helpful.
Recovery timeline after tummy tuck
It’s crucial to think about the recovery process if you’re thinking about getting a tummy tuck or already have one scheduled. Your age, health, and body weight are just a few of the variables that will affect how quickly you recover. Additionally, it will depend on the kind of tummy tuck you get. After surgery, it’s normal to want to get back to normal, but it’s crucial to give your body time to heal. After the operation, you might just need to stay in the hospital for a few hours, or your doctor might insist that you stay for a night or more. The real recovery process then starts after you leave the hospital. You should be aware of the following:
- Determine a recovery timeline so you have enough time to recover and can take a break from some elements of your life. Make sure you are prepared for your recuperation period by making the necessary preparations.
- After the procedure, your drains will be left in for a few days. You’ll be instructed on how to maintain and clean the drains. While your drains are in place, you’ll probably need to take an antibiotic and an anticoagulant.
- An abdominal binder will be worn for roughly six weeks. This keeps fluid from accumulating and supports your abdomen.
- You still need to avoid excessive activity for at least six weeks after a mini-tummy tuck, though the recovery period is typically shorter. This category includes any strenuous workout or heavy lifting. If you had a tummy tuck in Iran or anywhere else, ask your surgeon to tell you the exact time and give you recovery tips.
Importance of the type of tummy tuck
Various tummy-tuck procedures can be used. You have two options for your “tummy tuck”: a complete or more involved “extended tummy tuck” or a “mini” tuck that simply targets a tiny portion of the lower abdomen. Your recovery time may be longer if your abdominal contouring was more comprehensive. This is particularly true if you choose an extended tummy tuck, which can also involve the flanks, lower back, and lower chest.
What should I expect after tummy tuck?
You will receive a thorough explanation of how to heal at home from our surgeon or nurse. You’ll be informed:
- How to take care of drain tubes and cuts
- Observations regarding infection prevention or general health
- If you require a second consultation with your plastic surgeon after a tummy tuck in Iran or other countries,
- How long the abdominal pressure garment should be worn
- How much to sleep
- The foods you can consume
For at least the first few days after your operation, you’ll need someone to help you with care and drive you home from the hospital. After removing your drainage tubes, you can take a shower 48 hours later. Until you can take a shower, you might wish to take a sponge bath. For a while, it might be suggested that you use a chair when taking a shower. An antibiotic and possibly an anticoagulant will be recommended for you. You might be given a medicine to administer topically. Any painkillers should be taken as prescribed. Any aspirin-containing medication shouldn’t be taken unless your doctor instructs you to. Additionally, you should abstain from alcohol and all forms of nicotine for at least six weeks if you’re using painkillers. Smoking might delay recovery and increase the risk of problems.
How should I care at home after tummy tuck?
You can get a general sense of how long it will take to heal at home from this part. However, everyone recovers at their own rate. To get better as soon as possible, adhere to the steps listed below. Additionally, consult your surgeon at CarefulTrip. It should be noted that with a tummy tuck in Iran and CarefulTrip Holding, you have nothing to worry about. All stages of your medical tourist trip to Iran will be coordinated by our team, and the necessary actions such as obtaining a visa, arranging accommodation, coordinating with the surgeon, etc. will also be done by us. So feel free to do this surgery and get satisfactory results.
Activity after tummy tuck
- When you are exhausted, take a nap. You’ll recover more quickly if you get adequate sleep.
- Try to take a daily stroll. Start by taking a few more steps today than you did yesterday. Step up your walking distance little by little. Walking increases blood flow, which reduces the risk of pneumonia and constipation.
- For six to eight weeks, stay away from abdominal workouts and physically demanding activities like jogging, biking, lifting weights, and aerobic activity.
- Avoid lifting anything that would put you under strain for six weeks. This might be a hefty vacuum cleaner, a toddler, a heavy briefcase or backpack, milk containers, cat litter, dog food, or supermarket bags.
- If you had a tummy tuck in Iran or anywhere else, find out from your doctor when you can resume driving.
Diet after tummy tuck
- You may consume your typical diet. Try bland, low-fat items such as plain rice, grilled chicken, bread, and yogurt if your stomach is upset.
- Drink a lot of water (unless your doctor tells you not to).
- Immediately following surgery, you may notice that your bowel movements are irregular. This is typical. Constipation and difficult bowel movements should be avoided. You might wish to take a daily fiber supplement. Ask your doctor about using a mild laxative if you haven’t had a bowel movement in a few days.
- If you have tape strips covering your incision, keep them there for a week or until they come off naturally. Or you can remove the tape by following your doctor’s recommendations.
- Use warm water to wash the area every day, then pat it dry. Alcohol and hydrogen peroxide can impede healing; avoid using them.
- Keep the area dry and spotless. If it weeps or rubs against clothing, you can wrap it in gauze to prevent further bleeding. If your doctor has advised you to, change the bandage every day.
- One or more drain tubes can be in place to stop fluid from accumulating under your belly skin. If you have a tummy tuck in Iran or other countries, how to care for it will be explained to you by your doctor.
There are many factors to take into account when it comes to recovering from a tummy tuck in Iran or other places, but everything is doable and manageable. You simply need to think about and prepare for every facet of this healing process, including the period. All the information for the recovery time is in this article. In order to go toward your intended objective of complete recovery, keep your attention on getting healthier every day. If you have any questions or concerns, make sure to speak with your surgeon or the nurse. The first step after deciding to have this surgery is to choose your medical team. If you decide to do a tummy tuck in Iran you should meet with the CarefulTrip team. It is important to be informed that Careful Trip offers the highest quality healthcare available in Iran and is the country’s most dependable provider of health tourism. Iran is one of the greatest travel destinations in the world for health tourism thanks to its skilled medical professionals, cutting-edge hospitals, and reasonable costs. We thoroughly assess your medical situation and recommend a unique combination of hospitals, clinics, and top surgeons. Airport pickup, preoperative examinations, round-the-clock assistance, and lodging arrangements (for patients and their families).