Rhinoplasty in Iran
More than 80,000 rhinoplasty treatments are performed annually in Iran, which is seven times more than the number of rhinoplasty in the United States. The high success rate of rhinoplasty in Iran is due to various factors such as the improvement of surgical techniques, competitive prices, and finally, skilled physicians. The cost of a rhinoplasty in Iran is usually lower than in other countries, while the level of satisfaction is higher.
What is Rhinoplasty?
From an aesthetic point of view, nose job surgery, known medically as rhinoplasty, changes the shape and size of the nose, adjusting its angle to the features of the face and lips. It also corrects other problems such as bulging and asymmetry and other nasal defects.
People who suffer from respiratory problems due to air blockage in the nasal cartilage also prefer to have rhinoplasty to improve their condition.
Types of Rhinoplasty
In general, rhinoplasty is divided into two main groups: primary and secondary (or reconstructive) surgery. The following is a summary of each:
Primary rhinoplasty means that the patient is undergoing rhinoplasty for the first time. The purpose of rhinoplasty can be one of the following:
- Correction of the shape of the nose
- Repair the asymmetrical structure of the nose or crooked nose
- Deformation of small or very large nostrils to fit the face
- Treatment of respiratory problems caused by cartilage or tissue
Rhinoplasty treatment in Iran takes about two hours and is performed under general anesthesia.
Secondary operation of rhinoplasty
Secondary rhinoplasty corrects the results of previous rhinoplasty(s). It is strongly recommended that for secondary or reconstructive surgery, at least one year has elapsed since the initial rhinoplasty, as it takes at least a year for the tissue wound to heal and the rhinitis to sleep. Cartilage must be added or removed during the operation.
Prior to surgery, cartilage strength, bone and skin strength are checked, and since cartilage is usually always needed, the amount of cartilage present is also assessed by the surgeon. The surgeon uses a 3D imaging program to show you what your nose will look like after surgery. The whole surgery may take up to 4 hours and is performed under general anesthesia.
The two main techniques for rhinoplasty are open method and closed method. Both operations are performed under general anesthesia, and you may need to stay in the hospital overnight.
In the open procedure, the surgeon makes incisions through the nostrils, and then separates the skin of the nose from the back cover of the bones and cartilage so that he can see the entire structure of the nose. The open method is mainly used in secondary or reconstructive rhinoplasty.
In the closed method, the surgeon makes incisions in the coccyx, which is the vertical tissue that separates the nostrils, and changes the nose as desired. One of the advantages of the closed method is that there will be no visible wounds after the operation.
Advantages of closed nose job surgery
Closed nose surgery is the first choice of rhino surgeons in some rhinoplasty surgeries because of some of its benefits.
- The benefits of closed nose surgery include:
- Reducing the duration of rhinoplasty
- No incisions in the clomella area
- Low swelling of the tip of the nose ,as a result the swelling goes away in a very short time
Suitable candidate for closed nasal surgery
In closed nose surgery, only the appearance of the nose is removed and there are not many changes in the structure of the nose, so people who apply for rhinoplasty in this way should have realistic expectations from the results of this surgery.
The most suitable people for this rhinoplasty are people whose nose bridge is symmetrical and their nose tip is proportionate and their nose defects are generally minor.
The difference between open and closed nose surgery
In general, the first choice of nasal surgeons for nose job in Iran is open nasal surgery. In open nasal surgery, the surgeon has more control over the nose, and it is possible to apply complex changes to the nose. Also, due to the complete lifting of the nasal skin from the skeleton under it, the rate of swelling and bruising is higher.
In closed nose surgery, the nasal surgeon has limited access to the nose, especially the tip of the nose. Closed nose surgery is suitable for people who have minor defects in the nose. In this type of rhinoplasty, there is no need for an incision in the nasal columella area. However, in this surgery, incisions are made in the nasal fins just to shrink the nose and create symmetry in the nasal cavities.
How much Is the Price?
The average primary Rhinoplasty in iran would cost somewhere between $900 and $5000 depending on the hospital, clinic, and doctor’s fees. Revising a nose is usually a more expensive procedure than doing it for the first time.
Many people seek very cheap options provided by unknown clinics and health centers. This is exactly what you should be careful about. You can't not always expect high-quality and accurate surgeries when the price is meager. But on the other hand, you have an exceptional option: having cosmetic surgery in Iran.
Iranian doctors and clinics are internationally popular. It is because of the high-quality medical services you can find in Iran. Is it one of those many cheap options that will get you in trouble? Let’s say NO! We at CarefulTrip do our best to assure you about your experience in Iran. We help you find the best option for your needs and introduce you to the best doctors in the world to have your plastic surgery.
Iranian Plastic surgeons are super experts at their job. It is because of the high demand for these surgeries in Iran. Our doctors have the experience of many successful surgeries, and that experience has led to this great level which we call the expert level.
Due to this high demand for plastic surgeries in Iran, the price of having plastic surgery in Iran is extremely reasonable. It may change over time, and many factors influence the final price. But anyway, you can not find better prices in any other place in the world.
How to prepare for before rhinoplasty?
- Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen, vitamin E, or any anti-inflammatory medication for 2 weeks before surgery.
- Avoid smoking for at least two weeks before surgery.
- It is recommended to use sunscreen 30 SPF or higher every day for at least two weeks before surgery to prevent any damage.
- Do not eat anything until 12 hours before surgery.
Recovery process after rhinoplasty:
- As with any procedure, bruising and swelling after nasal surgery are common. The initial swelling may subside after a week or two after surgery, but it may take several months to a year for the overall swelling to subside.
- Nasal tampons help reduce swelling, but it is not possible to breathe through the nose until it comes out.
- Apply an ice pack to your forehead to stop the bleeding.
- If you need to sneeze, sneeze with your mouth open.
- Keep the inside of the nose moist with a nasal spray.
- Do not touch the stitches with your fingers.
- Apply Vaseline and ointment to the sutures inside the nostrils.
- Hold your head up for at least 48 hours after surgery to help reduce the swelling.
- Try to avoid hard foods that require a lot of chewing for at least 2 weeks after surgery.
- Avoid strenuous activity to prevent bleeding and swelling.
- You should not wear glasses on your nose for at least 6 weeks after surgery.
- The surgeon removes the stitches after 3 days.
Why choose rhinoplasty in Iran?
Carefultrip provides quality services and advanced facilities to patients, and patients can benefit from the latest medical and beauty services. Many people from all over the world trust our skilled doctors, and prefer to do their rhinoplasty treatment in Iran and at the same time enjoy the many tourist attractions of Iran.